A disciplined environment is necessary for three important aspects of Lee Christian School:
1. Our environment must be nurturing in the sense that Christianity will be evident and paramount over the many negative influences that our youth face. We believe that caring Christians should make provision for a program that elevates Christ over culture and self (Matthew 28:18, Luke 11:28, Luke 16:15, John 12:32)
2. Respect is necessary to maintain a learning environment. Chaotic conditions and unrestrained behavior provoke a lack of respect for education and lead to disrespect of oneself. Instilling a love for learning is a primary goal for all teachers, parents, and students (I Corinthians 6:20, I Corinthians 7:31).
3. Safety is of utmost importance. All of our students have the right to work and play in an environment that assures their families of safety. No intimidation or dangerous "horseplay" will be tolerated (Proverbs 22:3)
OFFENSES ARE CATEGORIZED IN THREE GROUPS:
CATEGORY #1 -- The following are prohibited at any time on the Lee Christian School campus and school related activities on or away from campus.
A. Weapons-- knives, firearms, other dangerous weapons
B. Drug possession or use
C. Tobacco products--possession or use
D. Alcohol possession or use
F. Pornographic or profane music, magazines, or books
H. Profanity--written or spoken
I. Repeated disrespect toward rules/personnel/fellow students
J. Leaving campus without permission
Disciplinary Action--Category #1
Offenses may call for immediate expulsion and in some circumstances require notification of Local Law Enforcement.
*Any confirmed knowledge of affiliation with the use of drugs and/or alcohol, on or off campus, can be cause for immediate expulsion
*Any unauthorized medication or drugs will be considered as drug possession.
*All medications MUST be dispensed by the office staff when necessary.
CATEGORY #2-- Disruption of Educational Process
C. Misuse of school property
E. Lying or deceitful behavior especially as applied to transfer of communications between school and parent by student.
F. Behaving disruptively, thus endangering the safety of personnel and students and/or interrupting the academic schedule of the school.
G. Breaking the following general campus rules:
1. No chewing gum
2. No littering on campus
3. Absolutely no eating or drinking in classrooms or lobby (Allowed only in lunchroom area) Exception: K-3
4. Physical contact between couples is prohibited on campus or at school functions
5. During school hours all students are to stay out of the parking area. Students are not to return to cars until after school.
6. Flagrant dress code violations will result in D-Hall.
Disciplinary Action--Category #2
Offenses, depending on the nature and frequency of the offense, will be dealt with through detention hall (D-Hall) or out-of-school suspension (OSS). Dismissal from Beta Club--0 tolerance.
CATEGORY #3--Classroom Discipline
Classroom discipline shall be maintained by the teacher from a posted list of rules and consequences. Discipline is to be limited to no more than one hour duty or remedial work. Repeat violations shall be deemed Category #2 and handled accordingly.